Pleased to inform you the development at the Prestbury Playing Fields is progressing to plan.
The diagram below illustrates what we have got to look forward to!
On completion we will have the following:
- On site, hard surface free car park
- Adult outdoor gym
- Daily Mile circuit
- Children’s Play Area
- Football pitch
Further information about each:
1. MUGA (Multi Use Games Area) 35m x 19m high quality Matchwinner surface. Surface info: https://playrite.co.uk/product/matchwinner-velour/
Suitable for 5-a-side football, tennis, netball and basketball, with lines pre-marked for each sport. Will be predominantly in the Autumn Green colour, with white tennis lines, yellow netball, blue football lines.
Floodlights. LED. Available until 9.00pm every night, all year round.
Hire costs: yet tbc, but likely in region of £25-£30 / hour. All will be bookable by an online booking system via the Parish Council website in due course and once social distancing rules permit team sports to resume.
2. Hard surface car park on site, off New Barn Close. This will alleviate parking concerns for residents on this road, and will be free to users of the MUGA. Space for 40 cars, including 2 for Blue Badge holders. No vans. 1m height restriction.
3. Adult outdoor gym. 4 stations, for up to 6 adults at one time. Leg press, rowing machine, upper limb press and cross rider. We hope to run dedicated group personal training sessions for local residents, of all ages: teenagers through to older age groups.
4. Daily Mile. This is a 1/3rd mile circuit of the playing field, from a SUDS (sustainable urban drainage system: https://www.susdrain.org/delivering-suds/using-suds/suds-principles/suds-principals.html) surface. Recycled rubber and small stone particles, compacted, but allowing free drainage.
Aim is to encourage walking in all ages, in a safe, car-free environment. Children, parents with children in prams, adults of all ages benefit.
5. Children’s play area. Existing play area given a refresh, with the addition of a brand new 2.5m climbing cone, suitable for children aged between 3 and 14.
6. The existing natural grass football pitch will remain in place, and is home to Prestbury Rovers FC. This pitch is full size and fully conforms to FA specifications. There is also space for a smaller, junior pitch for use by younger residents.