….without needing to know which Council or department to get in touch with.
It can be confusing and frustrating trying to report a common street problem as it is not always easy to find out who is responsible for different things – County/Borough/Parish council or someone else!
https://www.fixmystreet.com/ is a website for reporting common street problems like potholes, broken streetlights and dog fouling to your local council.
What is FixMyStreet and how does it work?
- It is run by the UK charity mySociety, and was launched in 2007.
- It covers all of the UK.
- The great thing is, you don’t need to know who’s responsible for fixing your problem. You just put a pin on a map, and FixMyStreet sends your report to the right council.
- Problems are also published on the FixMyStreet website, so you can browse your local area and see what the prevalent problems are and what’s been fixed.
- You can also upload a photo to help show what the issue is – this really helps identify issues.
- Once you’ve sent your report, it goes straight to the council, who will get back in touch with you directly.