- Do you want to serve your community?
- Do you have time or expertise which could benefit your community?
- Do you want to make a difference to all those around you?
- Are you concerned about your local area?
- Do you want to represent the views of local people?
Prestbury Parish Council is looking to co-opt two new Parish Councillors. If you are interested, please visit Co-option Policy & Procedures for further details (including application forms).
Parish councillors volunteer their time to work on behalf of their local community on an unpaid basis.
The Council meets up to 12 times per year, usually on the second Monday of the month, in the evening.
Councillors are required to work digitally with the Parish Council email system; all communications are made via digital means.
To qualify to become a Parish Councillor a person must:
- be a British subject over 18 years old.
- be listed on the current electoral role.
- live in Prestbury Parish, or within 3 miles of its boundary, or occupy as owner/tenant any land/premises therein or have a principal place of work within the Parish.
- must not be disqualified from holding office as a Councillor.
For an informal discussion please contact the Parish Office and speak to the Chairman, Jen Slater.